Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hip Hugger






Jacie must be hitting that stage where she just wants Mom all the time. My arms and back were getting so tired from carrying her all the time, not to mention all the things I couldn't get done with just one hand.

As I was browsing through crochet patterns, I came across a pattern for a hip sling to carry baby on your hip. I had a fabric sling that I used when she was about 2 months old but now she would throw a fit because it keeps her pretty confined. Being 7 1/2 months old, she would hate that.

So, I decided to attempt the hip sling. After only a couple of tries and ripping 1 time, I came up with one that works. It may not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it definitely does the job!

Pardon the unfinished ends. I was still testing at the point I took the picture of her in it. I did end up going back and adding a little more to one side so it would go higher on her back. She loves it. After I finished all the ends and put her in it, she went right to sleep.

No comments: