Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back to crochet

I'm finally getting to crochet more. Jacie is getting much more independent and will sit for a while on the floor at least.

In 2005 (when Mom was sick) and 2006 I crocheted so much more and donated many more hats to the hospital. Since Jacie was born, as expected, I haven't had near as much time to crochet. I feel a bit guilty about that because I love donating the hats. I love knowing that someone's day was brightened, even if just a little bit, by having something new and fun to wear.

When Mom was in the hospital I was lucky enough to meet some of those people and it really made my day. They were so thankful and just so sweet. Now, I don't get to meet the patients but I sure hope they know how much love goes into each hat that I donate. After being there with Mom, I know that it helps so much for those going through it to know that others are thinking about you.

Mom has a regular 3 month checkup coming up and I'm trying to get as many done for that visit as possible. In 2006 I would take hats nearly every time we went for a checkup. So, basically I went about once a quarter. I want to get back to that and take them as much as possible.

I was testing a new yarn and decided I would make a new hat for Jacie since hers were starting to get too small. I love the way it turned out.

I recently joined a great bulletin board called Crochetville. One of the users there said her daughter thought it looked like Fruity Pebbles. I love that!!

I'm now using what I have left to make some for the patients. I hope they'll think it's a fun one to have.

No comments: